Monday 29 October 2012

Tanzania!

Hello everyone.

I am now back from Tanzania and had such a fantastic experience. I am really looking forward to sharing all my photos, videos and experiences with you all. The children and staff are very excited about working with Woodmansterne. 
This is the tree that was planted when Mr Robinson first visited Makole Primary School to begin our link. 
The children are lining up to go into school at 7.30am. They start earlier than us and finish at 1.40pm.

 Meet the chairman and vice chairmen of school council! We had a fantastic meeting and shared our 10 rights,10 responsibilities and 10 things about us.
Miss Newman teaches in Tanzania! I taught a class Literacy. It was different to teaching at Woodmansterne as I often use an interactive white board when I am teaching, but I did enjoy using a blackboard for a change!

This is a a year 4 class. The classes are a lot bigger than at Woodmansterne, there are about 90 children in each class. They are all very behaved and work really hard.

 I taught an art lesson at Makole, and after we had learnt how to mix colours, we made a poster to show that Makole and Woodmansterne are united and are going to work together.


The teachers even got involved too!

These are just some of my photos, lots more to come! I love reading your comments so keep them coming!

2 comments:

  1. Hello miss newman

    I like the bit when you wrote on the chalk board...
    from katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello miss Newman,
    I love all the photos that you put up,it is also great that you taught the children some subjects. It is very different teaching other schools on the blackboard and it is very hard to speak English to a different school which know a different language.
    From Nikhita

    ReplyDelete